7.07.2009

12.june.9 - Painting Out There w/ WHPAP



A change in direction with my paintings not just beccause of a Darrel Hill workshop, but also because it's time had come. I've kind of adopted a "no fear" attitude about color:


2 Steps Beach Shack - 11x14 Oils - stretched canvas


I began painting on a yellow ground and sketching in the "road map" of the drawing in cadmium red light about two years ago. With wanton not-painting of some areas of the surface and some wiping, this allows the yellow ground and the under-sketching to show through to create some exciting complimentary color optical disturbances to happen with the predominantly green and blue subject. I've also begun painting buildings (what's next? people?) and I like the way they give presence to the subject and offer some hard-edged contrapuntal to the soft landscape forms.



No comments:

Paint the Wind

Visit the painting at my website here:  Paint the Wind