12.10.2010

What is it, anyway?

To me painting isn’t a conscious effort – it’s all done in a rush, intuitively – I don’t decide on things – “I think I’ll use this color here and move this over here and hold the brush this way” – it’s all down in one god-awful stream that sometimes ends well.  The painting is a result of everything you know, have thought, have done, have experienced – don’t worry if you feel you haven’t caught on to something from a class – you have caught on to everything – it’s in you someplace – the secret is forgetting the process of painting so that you can paint and i think secret for me and for everyone, is just to paint a lot and to be unconcerned about failures – because they really aren’t – they’re just bad paintings.

No comments:

Paint the Wind

Visit the painting at my website here:  Paint the Wind