4.15.2011

the old Hilton and buckets of palms

All images on this blog are copyrighted material and are for your viewing enjoyment. You have no right either implied or expressed to download and reuse without the permission of the artist.

Stately Old Palms, City of Refuge - 14x11 - oils on board
At the City of Refuge there are some areas where they don't trim the palms, they just let the old palm fronds hang from the head creating a wonderful skirt that sways in the breeze.

The Old Hilton, Kailua-town - 8x10 - acrylics on board
I painted this one of my favorite hotel (love those neo-egyptian revival columns) during one of my gigs at the Ali'i Sunset Gallery.  One of my few acrylics.   I don't particularly like acrylics for a lot of reasons but principally because they're not opaque enough.


Jeune Morning - 8x8 - oils on board
Sky/cloud practice - we don't get a lot of interesting cloud formations here but this day was special - painted somewhere up Kohala way.


Evening Light Palms - 8x7 - oils on board
Another successful experiment in minimalist painting.

No comments:

Paint the Wind

Visit the painting at my website here:  Paint the Wind