1.11.2014

MaGoon's Skoils

Finally managed to "manage" my time and enthusiasm to produce two fairly quick sketches in oils (skoils) over the course of the West Hawaii Plein Air Painters session yesterday. I like doing the small quick sketches because they give me time to focus on just one aspect of the scene, or the mechanism of painting, and still produce a cohesive painting.  On both of these I used a wedge shaped 1/2" wide flat "Catalyst" brand synthetic - my new best friend and available at the new ARTSHOP - AKAMAI ART SUPPLIES - go visit.

Emphasis here is on transparent water/morning light:
mahai'ula bay - 9x6 - plein air skoil

maui from mahai'ula bay - 9x6 - plein air skoil

From two weeks ago - another WHPAP session at the Old Airport:

little pake hat - 9x6 - plein air skoil





No comments:

Paint the Wind

Visit the painting at my website here:  Paint the Wind