5.12.2014

Practicing with a Plastic Crutch

Nice title, eh?

I don't do this very often - probably not often enough, but I was hesitant about painting a lot of foam on top of what was a pretty complicated piece of deep ocean - easy enough to do a wipe, but that never leaves the underlying painting as fresh and clean as it was - so . . . I used a clear piece of plastic sheet for practice.  Here I used one of those clear envelopes that we use to protect prints for sale:

showing the crutch

with the crutch painted

Of course the problem was I really liked the plastic sketch and as far as part of my mind was concerned (there's not that much left) I had finished the painting and it was time to go on to another one.  Months later (two days ago) I finally got it done:

Leo's Backyard2 - 11x14 - Plein air oils

and I like it better!


No comments:

Paint the Wind

Visit the painting at my website here:  Paint the Wind