7.30.2009

29.july.9 - Paintings

My Old Office at the Kona Inn - 7x5 - Watercolors and watercolor pencils

Decided to PAINT OUT THERE yesterday at two of my favorite close in spots - The Kona Inn and Magic Sands. I used to have an Office (put that in italics) at the Tower at the Kona Inn (upper painting) - I had the second, third, and fourth floors - each of which was about a 12' x 12' square - but the top floor, where I had my drafting set-up, had a walkway all the way around with spectacular views - even a view of the pier where they used to bring in each day's game catch to weigh.


" Dorion's" at Magic Sands Beach - 7x5 - Watercolors and watercolor pencils

Not much sand here at Magic Sand beach after the high surf from last week. I remember this restaurant used to be called "Dorion's" owned by the best one-armed bartendar on the Island - but then that was back in the "one-stop-light" days in Kona.


These are both Water Color Pencils and Water Colors - I'm trying to find a way to use water colors the way I like to use oils and I think I've succeeded.

No comments:

Paint the Wind

Visit the painting at my website here:  Paint the Wind