4.17.2011

Pauls Place and Other Fun Stuff

Not-a-flower - 6x6 - oils on board
Not-a-flower was a practice piece that I did concentrating on the transparent aspects of certain oil color pigments.   "Not-a-flower" because I just made it up!


Surf Path at Kaloko Ponds - 8x10 - oils on board
Nice hot day at Kaloko Ponds!   Here i was mostly concerned with the shadows in the foreground.   Shadows aren't just blank darknesses for me, they have colors and vibrancies within them - I usually try to paint them and the dappling as if they were liquids.

Ecstacy Palm - 8x8 - oils on board




Pauls Place - Holualoa -  - oils on board

This little store in Holualoa was the center of that old town, and still is except the community has changed from rural coffee land to a kind of Art colony.

No comments:

Paint the Wind

Visit the painting at my website here:  Paint the Wind