4.17.2011

5x7 Quickies

Gussie's Hammock - Keauhou Bay - 7x5 - oils on board



Wanted to do some little quickies to see how they sell and just to unlimber into these new paints.  Each one took about 50 years and 45 minutes (50 years of iving experience and 45 minutes of real painting time).  I hope they look like they were as much fun as they were to do.

We go to Gussie Pace's estate at Keauhou Bay sometimes for a painting session and this is her hammock with the bay in the background – the next one is her concrete pond – it somehow just reminded me of Beverly Hillbilies.


Gussie's Concrete Pond - Keauhou Bay
5x7 - oils on board



Early Morning Palm Andante - City of Refuge
5x7 - oils on board


The one above and the next two I made up (confessions of a plein ar painter) and I think I enjoyed the first two more.

Palm Allegro - City of Refuge
5x7 - oils on board



Morning Respite - 5x7 - oils on board



No comments:

Paint the Wind

Visit the painting at my website here:  Paint the Wind