4.17.2011

Fred & Ginger and Friends

Fred and Ginger do Anaeho'omalu Bay
12x14 - oils on board


Fred & Ginger dancin’ dancin’ is about 50% plein air and 50% studio.  I really got carried away painting the negative space around all of the twigs and branches (I love that negative space)   See detail below:



Waiting Canoes - Keauhou Bay - 20x24
oils on stretched canvas


One of my favorite pieces and about 75% plein air.  What excites me is the liquid handling of the dappling on the canoes and the way the strong backlighting works in the foliage at the upper left.  Strong light coming through foliage fuzzes out all of the detail.


Big Surf at Wawaloli Point - 14x11 - oils on board


We had some wonderfully big surf a few weeks ago and since my painting group goes out once a week we managed to catch some of it.  On the next older page there’s a painting from almost exactly the same location on a nice calm day.

No comments:

Paint the Wind

Visit the painting at my website here:  Paint the Wind