4.17.2011

Church and Shadows

Christ Episcopal Church - Kealakekua - 14x11 - oil on board


Voggy cloudy day (vog=volcanic smog) and I think I caught that here, I diluted most of my colors with white and started with a yellow ochre canvas instead of my typically cadmium yellow light one.  Also I moved some of the tombstones around a little – no big deal – I once moved Maui about two miles.

Kayak at Manini Beach - 10x8 - oils on board


Manini is mostly a coral beach and may still be but I haven’t been there since “the excitement”  (tsunami).  There was one movie of the damage here that made the national news of one of the
 houses around this beach floating out to sea in Kealakekua Bay.

Keiki Pond at Waealoli Point - 14x11 - oils on board


The companion piece to the big wave painting on the newer page.  Here I was concentrating on the foreground which I usually dash in at the end of the session in a couple of minutes, here,and in Christ Church, I made more of an effort and it really paid off.

Morning Mist at Waialea Beach - 14x11 - oils on board

No comments:

Paint the Wind

Visit the painting at my website here:  Paint the Wind